Sunday, April 12, 2009

Capitol Reef

My mom said that there is nowhere in the world quite like Southern Utah, and I agree. Our family spent four days down at Capitol Reef enduring the freezing mornings and nights, and enjoying the warm and beautifully unique afternoon hikes. From the most popular trails to the most remote ones, the scenery was mindblowing. One of the highlights of the trip for me was hiking up to ancient Fremont Indian petroglyphs and pictographs. To stay on top of track, and make up for all of the missed practices, I volunteered to carry Stanford through the hikes. I expect to see my mile time improve dramatically! Overall, I loved spending Spring Break immersed in nature with my family.

4 comments:

Blake said...

Wow, that is beautiful, and those are some amazing pictures. I especially enjoy the one with you and Stanford!

Derek said...

Sounds like a party! And I agree with Blake those are some pretty awesome pictures, I especially like the rain clouds.

W said...

Love the pictures Paige : ) you're fabulous. I was down in zions, and absolutely agree, southern Utah is da bomb

Megan said...

Oooh, I love the pictures!