Friday, June 5, 2009

Relient K

Yesterday my life was made complete. Not only did my favorite band Relient K come to Utah, but I got tickets! The venue was the ideal place for this concert; big enough to hold everyone, but small enough to allow us to get right up to the stage.It was PACKED. I was constantly being squished against people I didn't know, and it got so hot that you literally had to jump up to get fresh air. As we waited the crowd got more and more anxious, and finally began raucously chanting "Start the show!".
After more than an hour of waiting, the opening bands came on. They were great! The first band was The Classic Crime.The second opener was Owl City. This guy was so cool. His singing was totally relaxed, with awesome synth to back it up. The floating cloud projection behind him just added to the effect.As it got closer and closer to the time when Relient K would come on, we got more and more hysterical. Let's just say that my voice was lost long before they even came on.When Matt Thiessen came on stage, the crowd went insane. I was at serious risk of losing my shoes and getting trampled. I was also at risk of getting a heart attack, I've never been so excited to see someone in my life! It was incredible that they were right there.
Relient K sounded even better in real life. It was amazing to sing along at the top of my lungs to music I've been listening to for years. Certain songs like "Which To Bury, Us Or The Hatchet?", and "Be My Escape" I've always dreamed of hearing live.
There was also a great variety in the instrumentals. Thiessen often played on the piano as he sang. There was also xylophone, trumpets, and accordian that added so much to the overall effect. They had a couple quirky songs like one about The Office, and the Subway $5 foot long jingle.What's a concert without a cool t-shirt?Megan, Paige, and Julie.The most perfect start to summer that I could imagine.

5 comments:

Emilee said...

your pictures are so cute! this is defiantely an awesome way to start summer! you're one lucky girl ;)

Blake said...

That was the best night ever :)
I will never get tired of saying that :)

W said...

oh my goodness that looks like it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Everyone there seems a little, um... moist. Just saying...

Paige Helen said...

Ha thanks guys! It was a ton of fun.
And oh man Anonymous, you have no idea how sweaty these things get. It's so hot! But a small price to pay...