Monday, October 19, 2009

For shortness of sight

Pic from blushbybk.com
It's a bit late, but I loved General Conference this October. Nothing beats sitting in the Conference Center with 21,000 others, awed by the crowds and the close proximity to the prophet. And nothing beats curling up at home on a rainy Sunday with the fam. I love gaining insight while eating the best homemade cinnamon rolls.
My favorite thought was quoted by President Monson I believe, it has stuck with me...
I have wept in the night
For the shortness of sight
That to somebody's need made me blind;
But I never have yet
Felt a tinge of regret...
For being a little too kind.

-- Anonymous

It is all too true, and something I can work towards every day.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

i agree with you 100%. This year's conference was absolutely amazing. Did you hear Elder Holland's talk? I think that one was my favorite. That rainy sunday was my favorite out of the weekend for sure! ahhh gotta love it ;)
by the way, that picture of the temple is gorgeous!