Friday, March 11, 2011

News Flash

Some country-wide news in the life of one Paige Montgomery.

Provo, Utah
Got my acceptance--not letter--email earlier this month!  I rolled out of bed around 5:30 in a very grumpy state after a short night's sleep only to notice a text from my dear friend Julie.  "Did you get your acceptance???"  That could only mean one thing. . . I rushed to my laptop and sure enough, crowning my list of new emails was a message from BYU Admissions. Suspense built as the page loaded  (somehow I don't think my dad told his acceptance story quite like this) and sure enough!  I qualified to carry on as a third generation Cougar.  I'm still waiting on three other schools in the Boston and Washington, D.C. areas, but for now my mind is full of happy dreams of dorm parties with the lovely Julianne Linton in Heritage Halls.

New York City, New York
                                                http://amazingnewyorkcity.blogspot.com/
New York Citaaaay! ( Yes, I just got Empire State of Mind stuck in my head.)  I am very, very, excited to head up to The Big Apple this coming weekend with Mom, Nana, and little sister Anne. We plan to check out some of the city's offerings and hit up Broadway!  I haven't seen my camera in months but I hope to get some good shots and capture this fun little trip. Any good sightseeing suggestions?

Washington, D.C.
I think it's apt that the picture I chose to describe my adventure at The George Washington University in D.C. a couple weekends ago happened to come from the Forbes #1 Most Expensive College article.  Yep, that's GW.  Hoping to soften the wildly out of reach price tag and to find an excuse to really dig into my Wieniawski violin concerto, I auditioned for the the Presidential Scholars in the Arts program. Throughout the day I enjoyed great food and an invigorating atmosphere.  I interviewed with several professors, took a music theory test, made an audition recording in a stuffy office, conversed with some current students, and had a private lesson!   I got a really great feel for their music program and would love to spend four years in the heart of D.C. as a political communications major and a music minor.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh.  Look for me here this Spring! I am very excited to play in this stunning hall alongside members of the incredible Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.  No word yet on what our pieces will be, but I can't wait to add my sound to the acoustics of the hall. 

2 comments:

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Rise and shout the cougars are out!!! Congratulations to you and yay for us!! We might get you back!!! Pick BYU! Pick Byu! Pick BYU!

W said...

Ah! Congrats Paige!!! And, if it isn't too late... Go to Magnolias Bakery next to the NBC building, and get their banana pudding. It doesn't matter if you don't like banana pudding, you'll love this stuff :) Love you Paige!!!
-Hill