Monday, March 9, 2009

Dear Homework,

It's been about a year now and I have to tell you: I can't stop thinking about you. You are an addiction I cannot shake, but must push through day after day, night after night. You are the last thing I think about before I sleep, and the first thought that enters my mind in the morning. The days pass so slowly in your absence. Without you my life is a blank page; open to endless possibilities, but I just can't think of any. Do you remember staying up so late together? I've never thought about so much to forget it so quickly, but those hours were worthwhile I'm sure. And when I grew too tired to stand, I'll never forget the way you let me sleep across your scratchy pages, and stiff bindings. The neck pain in the morning was unforgettable too. Finals are now becoming a dim glimmer of light on the path ahead of me. It fills me with hope to know that our separation grows inevitable. Know that I WILL gather the strength to slam your memories into a box-and feel nothing but pure elation. I will always remember the way you cruelly denied me my own sanity. I will try to forget but...

I could never forget you.

Yours, Paige

3 comments:

julie said...

Oh my goodness. How true! I love it : )

W said...

amen.

SierraRachelle said...

ahahah i love this :)