Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Possibilities

You know your dreams are turning into obsessions when you stay up half of the night whizzing through city streets via Google Maps.  I was imagining the cafes I'd step into, the metro entrance I'd take, the spots in the historical district I'd meander through. Is Street View not a wonder?  It's just feeding my arguably overly-romanticized city ideal.  Provo can be so bland.  I like a little adrenalin running through my veins, a bit of wonder and exhilaration filling my stomach as I click my heels and shuffle in my pencil skirt. Something the city feeds me.


 Recognize this one?  It's not NYC.  Hint: I've spent a night here already.  By myself. Surrounded by strangers. But I'm not divulging until the possibility becomes a stronger hope and then maybe. . .

And even if the details don't process and check out, it was good to be filled with hope for just a moment, right?   Even the possibility of a possibility is enough to put a spring in my step this week. Just let me down easy.




No comments: