Friday, January 16, 2009

I know you wish your locker was this inspiring...!



I went and stood in M hall for five whole juicy minutes, systematically opening and closing our locker's sqeaky clean door. Oh so carefully I plugged in the brilliant combination. The tick tick as I spun the knob around was music to my ears. With a most satisfying ka-CHANK our beautiful locker swung open. I admired the way the piercing sunlight from the window behind me glistened off of it's coppery insides. After taking note of the two handy shelves which shall be put to use of the utmost importance, I slammed the dear thing shut. Quickly my attention was arrested by the slits in the front, precisely the size of a well folded note! I thought of that note and couldn't help myself. What space in the locker would it take up once it had been shoved through? With a grin and a sigh of pleasure, I reached for the lock....
***This was originally a spur of the moment Facebook wall post to my best friend Julie.
She decided it was fitting to print it out, and actually tape it up in the locker. It's watched over us faithfully through our first semester of high school. Occasionally I glance at it while getting ready to rush off to class. My first reaction is to blush, check that no one is standing behind me, and then wonder how I could have ever written something so silly :)

5 comments:

Derek said...

I didn't even know there was an M Hall :)

W said...

paige i love you : )

julie said...

The best part is that the insides aren't copper and there are no slits in the front : ) love you!
oh and Derek, it's the band hall.

Paige Helen said...

Haha I know...
I wrote it before I had ever seen it. Still a little disapointed about the slits :)

julie said...

me too!!!! I so wish we could slip notes into it for eachother... even though we share the locker : ) i just never did that in middle school and i feel unfulfilled