Monday, February 22, 2010

Ahem.

So...
Paige Helen Montgomery: Track Extraordinaire,  is back in business!   It took some convincing, but the sports authorities have seen the light.   

Now if only I could get myself down to a decent mile time.  I'm feeling um, ten minutes?    This winter was no good,  very bad for staying in shape.  The WV is entirely different than the Utah I grew comfortable with.  I don't have a neighborhood or lovely parkway to go out and run in.  And quite frankly, it's been blizzarding for months and I haven't felt the overwhelming urge to go out into the white mess.    Believe it or not, my high school doesn't have a track- the school is just that old.  And a membership to the gym requires enrollment at the University.  Excuses, excuses, but getting back into shape is a journey in and of itself.

After Cross Country tapered off disappointingly for me because of an untimely oral surgery,  I'm ready to put everything into a new, fresh season, and a healthy 6:00 mile!

The next couple weeks have quite a lot in store for me!  This Wednesday Mom, little bro Hunter, and I are driving out to D.C.  to get involved with some lobbying with the National Hemophilia Foundation's Washington Days  This event is particularly exciting to me, because we will be dealing with issues that have a direct effect on my family.  My mom has been heavily involved with this advocacy,  particularly in Utah.  I can't wait to be in the middle of the action with her.

Next week I will be busing out to Charleston with a few other students from my school to play in the West Virginia All-State Orchestra!  The music is quite challenging, and my roommates are awesome.  Sounds like one big musical party.

Life isn't picking up where I left it,  but maybe that's ok.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Whoot! You can run! :) The rest sounds like a party too!