Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ice and icecream

Borrowed Dad's boots :)

Gave up on that.

I have a view outside from my bed.
The first thing I saw when I woke up was the wonderful powdery whiteness.

So I hopped up and took a walk.
Nothing could make me come back inside.
Only the headache from the powerfully pounding flakes,
Would make me consider it.
Everything was beautiful.
Don't care about summer.

When the roads get icy we know it's the time to make our annual trip up to Calgary, Alberta. It's quite an adventure- a 16 hour drive stuffed into a mini van with a family of six (five of whom are outfitted with skis). I'm so excited to go and visit my cousins and grandparents! I rarely see them, and Christmas is so happy with all of us together. I must admit, a big part of my excitement is coming from the fact that we are spending some serious time on the slopes! There's nothing like Canadian snow...and skiiers.

Oh, and one more great thing about winter? Cold Stone Creamery has amazing seasonal flavors!
Tonight I got pumpkin icecream with caramel, whipped cream, cinnamon, and graham cracker crumbs.
It was quite tasty.

2 comments:

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Hey Paige! I found you because I noticed you were lurking on my blog! WooHoo! Your photos are beautiful. Do you photoshop them or do you have a really nice camera? I just got photoshop, and I don't really get it yet. Anyway, I'm so glad to find you on Blogger!

Anonymous said...

awesome poem and pictures you are quite the renaissance woman :)