Thursday, December 18, 2008

She was...

the valedictorian at her high school, she has a Master's degree, she runs a business, she is a personal trainer, she passed a law, she accompanies me on the piano, she's writing a book, she home schools while managing an unruly three year old.
She's my mom, and it's not only the accomplishments I admire but the character behind them.
I love my mother, and I feel so lucky to be her daughter. Half the time she is exasperated with me, and the other half I am exasperated with her. But then there are those sweet moments in between.
In those moments I know I wouldn't make a trade for the world.
I feel such a great weight to live up to her.
I know she truly understands the meaning of service, and I see how she sacrifices herself every day for me and others. As I watch her grinding through the daily hurricane of events, I know that I can be better, kinder, more focused, and a little more selfless.

No comments: