Monday, December 8, 2008

Irrationally happy

A good day for no reason
7:15 I crawled out of bed
My mind a blur
7:20 blaring honking sounded from the driveway
My hair a mess
I laughed all the way to school
Peanut butter sandwich in AP
Plus a witch DBQ
That I'll never see again
Slogged through Chem test just to find
Hot chocolate waiting for me
Sat on the heater and chatted through lunch
Warm through and through
And so much SNOW!
Dying for that stiff legged
Painfully numb fingered
Ruddy faced
Been-on-the-slopes-all-day
Feel
Peer pressure in seminary
Led to my first taste of shrimp
Chewed twice and swallowed whole
Never doing that again
Chemistry lab after school
Grapefruits and apples and limes and lemons
2 hours for 10 EC points
Mullins' idea of fair
Hopped on TRAX so utterly tired
Dozed despite the old man's stare
"Gallivan Center", the smooth voice called
Woke with a start
Tripped out of the train
With all the grace
Of a herd of stampeding turtles
Trekked two blocks in the blizzarding snow
Only to find
A disheveled violin teacher
Suited up in a stately tux
Bearing the news of a last minute concert
A cancelled lesson
Back home a sugary scone and a cozy fire
Listened to my new favorite song
With prospects of missing
Every single B day
For the rest of the week
Running through my head
:)

6 comments:

Derek said...

haha very well written, I like the style, sounds like a fun day :)

Brad said...

i hated that witch dbq...

Anonymous said...

Paige you told me to write on your blog so I am. And just so you know you are the best. This is also my first comment so I hope it's good. And just so you know I am not affended about the holding hands thing in seminary.

Anonymous said...

Hey Paige,
i love you! and i love the writing, it makes me...irrationally happy! : )

Paige Helen said...

hahaha
thanks matt....

Paige Helen said...

...and Derek and Brad and Julie!