Monday, December 22, 2008

We made it!

Nearly fourty eight hours after departing from Salt Lake City, a cheerful albeit numb faced family of six arrived in the suburbs of Calgary, Alberta!
It was one of the more treacherous drives they had undertaken. Snow plows with seemingly malicious intents blew buckets of snow across the front windshield. The van tires skidded to and fro on the slick Idaho country roads. Winding through the mountains, they cruised through Montana's pitch black outback at a breezy 10 mph.
In the dark of night, they crawled into a cheap trucker motel to rest. It was not a resort sought out in intimidation of the elements but a...

Well yes it was. The roads were terrible, and I feel blessed to have made it here safely.
But we are here, and I love it here. It is my second home, and my true escape from the monotony of Utah.

Here's what my sched is looking like so far:
10:00- Wake up
10:30- get out of bed
11:00- Brunch, Nana's cooking!
11-6:00- Browse through my grandparents library,
eat, sleep, ski, a little violin, no homework,
chill with cousins, own at rock band, watch batman begins,
ski, facebook, watch dark knight, go for a run, have a nap.
6:00- Dinner
7-1:00- Whatever the heck I feel like.
1:30- Asleep before I hit the pillow.

I'll get my ski pictures uploaded when I can. I hope you guys are having a wonderful break!

1 comment:

Molly L. Phillipps said...

Holy cow Paige! That sounds horrible! How did Stanford handle all that? How did you all handle Stanford? I'm glad you're there safely, and hopefully your return trip will be a breeze. Tell everyone "hi" and I hope you are all having a great holiday!