Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vert

So...
West Virginia bloomed.   I can't believe the rain forest this place turned out to be!  At only 75 degrees, the humid air clings to my forehead and the back of my neck.
The rain pours down in the night, and soaks the endless masses of foliage.  And in the afternoon, the soft sun pulls the greenery towards it.   I've sworn to myself that I'll bring a camera with me on my next 6:00 am drive to seminary.  The way the mist floats over the hills in the early morning is magical!
I feel as though if I looked more closely, I could distinguish one of these buildings as my high school. In fact, if I squinted really hard, it would become a game of "I Spy".   I would show you the library, the Public Rail Transit, Black Bear Burrito, the frequented Great Wall Chinese take-out,  the  WVU Coliseum, the rail trail, the place that sells those nasty pepperoni rolls, and the Creative Arts Center.   I might even be able to pick out the Bartlett house, the Salvation Army, and the trail along Decker's Creek where track team runs.   But I'm afraid one solitary picture, or even several couldn't begin to describe my life here.

It's much different than my mountain valley home as I last saw it.
 I still reminisce about the mountains.

No comments: