Sunday, November 1, 2009

Here

I'm here. "Here" is a relative term, and one that I have yet to define.
Locationally, I am smack in the middle of Morgantown. Truely, it's beautiful. I could make this place the center of every negative thought running through me. But as we wind up and down the narrow, twisting streets, I can't help but be struck by the beauty around me. Here is nothing like there. It feels very rural at times, and very college town at others. It's small-town, and very Eastern. The city settles between endless rolling hills. They call them "mountains". Mountains! WVU think they're "Mountaineers".
Trees, forests, and farmland can be found within a few miles from the center of town, and Autumn has kissed the foliage which blushes a soft red.
Herds of deer graze near the side of the street. Stop and go traffic is rampant, and we continue to glide up and down the hills.

No comments: