Saturday, November 7, 2009

Last and First

This is something I could have never foreseen: living out of hotels for weeks on end, smack dab in the middle of West Virgina! Looking back a year ago, I wouldn't have guessed just how drastically my life would change in such a short period of time.

My last week in Utah was time to let go. It felt like big pair of sewing scissors was snipping the strings that had been attached to me for so long.
First to go were my responsibilites. I left behind clubs, associations, and positions. I cut ties at school with teams, teachers, and my locker. I left my room, home, and car. Finally, and most difficulty, I said goodbye to my family, friends, and pets.

It has been one of the most foreign, lonely, difficult, monotonous, and life changing weeks ever. My mom has been an amazing example to me as she has pressed on without complaint. Through it all, the strength of my friendships has really been reaffirmed. I have received so many caring messages, letters, and phone calls. Thank you! I know that everything that was truely meaningful will not be left behind or forgotten.

My life from here is a blank slate just waiting to be filled. I am looking forward to redefining my day to day routines, goals, and relationships. The sewing scissors have been tucked away and the thread is lacing back up.

1 comment:

erinskee said...

Beautifully written Paige! I hope things are getting easier for you.