Monday, November 17, 2008

An apple a day keeps the doctor away...

But what about three? Anyone that knows me well (or eats lunch with me) readily rolls their eyes at my typical snack and lunch side dish: an apple. Red delicious, Granny Smith, Fuji, Gala, and Golden Declicious, I've taste-tested-and loved- them all. They are the perfect size to throw into a bag before a tough run or volleyball workout, and taste soo good. Before you tell me to try some oranges and bananas, check this out.
Apples can increase your bone density, protect from Alzheimers, lower your cholesteral by as much as 16%, protect from Cancer (Lung, Breast, Liver, Colon, you name it), aid in diabetes management, AND help with asthma.
With so many flavors, colors, sizes, and benefits I'm still not tired of my daily apple. Or three :)

No comments: