Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 (It Ain't the End)

2012 has officially been ushered in, Martinellis, glass-clinking and all.  I'm excited for the new year, but honestly, today just feels like another day.  And there's something really comforting about that.  I'm happy. I don't feel like I'm dragging myself through the day hour-by-hour, which is a huge blessing because that feeling defined a portion of 2011.  2011 was definitely a growing year-- the calendar equivalent of those rapid growth spurts that leave stretch marks on your legs when you are twelve.  But that's what I said about 2010, wasn't it?

 I'm heading into 2012 with a different outlook than last year.  I'm not waiting for my life to drastically change, though I'm definitely feeling open to embracing new opportunities that may present themselves. For the most part, I'm content where I am, and feel good about the direction in which I'm headed.

I do have a few goals:
-Floss more (Teeth lovin')
-Get into a regular running schedule (Find some races to aim towards & a partner?)
-Sleep more (Or else my 8am classes are going to kill me)
-Vote! (Register. . . )

I could think of a lot more, but I think those are good starting points.

To tie up a few other loose ends from 2011, here is my Winter Break Soundtrack. Good stuff:



And some pictures from my trip to D.C. and the surrounding states:

Family at the National Zoo
Standing on the lawn of George Washington's Mount Vernon Mansion, overlooking the Potomac.
In the incredible National Gallery of Art.  Can I just live there?

 I've had a wonderful Winter Break.  Being away from my family has made me appreciate the time I spend with them even more.  I'm returning to school with a re-vamped wardrobe, (slightly) shorter hair, beautiful memories of skiing, touring, visiting, and relaxing, and an increased drive to ace this next semester.

2012.  It's just the beginning.

No comments: