Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Peculiar Craving

**Disclaimer: I am not pregnant.

Probably not the best way to start out a post, but trust me, it's all uphill from here. So here it is, I'll lay it out for ya:

This week I have had an incessant, thought-consuming, saliva gland inducing desire for. . . peppers. Yep. Green, yellow, and red, fried up in some olive oil with garlic salt to taste. It just hits the spot--it's rich, sweet, slightly salty, yet light and smooth and warm. And it feels so nice in my stomach.

I was thinking about peppers all day today, planning to bike to the grocery store in the dark through the chilly January air to pick some up. I thought I'd try the Creamery first, spare myself a miserable trip, and I lucked out--sort of. I might have spent $2.80 on a single red pepper.

But it was goooood. 


I don't know what this is, a vitamin deficiency maybe? But at least it's vegetables, right?

All part of a nutritious meal.

No comments: